I stand by the door. I neither go to far in, nor stay to far out. The door is the most important door in the world, it is the door through which men walk when they find God. There is no use my going way inside and staying there, when so many are still outside and they, as much as I, crave to know where the door is.
And all that so many ever find is only the wall where the door ought to be. They creep along the wall like blind men, With outstretched, groping hands, feeling for a door, knowing there must be a door, yet they never find it. So I stand by the door.
FAITH BASED RECOVERY COUNSELING TRAINING
OUR NEXT CLASS: Saturday, June 3, 2017 from 9:00am to 2:30pm
Alpha Ministries @ Freedom Ranch
11655 US Hwy 441 SE
Okeechobee, FL 34974
This course is designed to train the student in the use of the Alpha Series as a counseling tool for individual and small group application. The structure of the Alpha Series is explained in a recovery support context so that the student learns the skills needed to utilize this series as an effective counseling tool. Key concepts for recovery are emphasized and offered as appropriate goals for a recovery support plan. (5ceu's)
Alpha Center for Training (ACT) are offered in a five (5) hour format. Classes will be held on Saturdays from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm, located at Alpha Ministries.
Classes open to the public for a $15 dollar donation. Instructional material may be purchased for an additional $5 if desired.
Participants desiring to pursue a diploma from (ACT), (for more information click on Diploma track page above) as a Faith Based Recovery Support Counselor (FBRSC) or earning CEU’s for the Florida Certification Board will receive 5 hours of credit for $35, instructional material is included. A sack lunch is available for $5.00 donation or you can bring your own lunch.
The Alpha Center for Training (ACT) will provide training for all who are engaged in helping others to recover from substance use disorders by addressing the role of spirituality in recovery.
Courses will teach accurate clinical information and the effective use of the 12 Step model for personal application of the gospel. They are designed to empower the learner to communicate true spirituality, based on the authentic faith that is needed for recovery versus religiosity, based on the toxic faith that so often hinders recovery.
• ACT will continue to train others in the effective use of the gospel for power in the recovery process.
• ACT will continue to provide leadership training to treatment programs, half-way and transitional housing, and individual and group counseling and recovery support personnel.
• ACT will continue to develop curriculum and resources for those desiring a faith based approach to recovery.
• ACT will continue to provide quality education as a Level A provider of CEU’s for the Florida Certification Board.
• ACT will be an acknowledged resource in the recovery, faith, public and professional communities for quality instruction in the use of the 12 Step model and spiritual technologies.
• ACT will network to find common ground and collaboration to enhance the service delivery system in the Treasure Coast, Okeechobee and the Palm Beaches.
• ACT will begin to offer training through online classes.
• ACT will provide spiritual renewal and support for training by offering a retreat location and activities.